Go anywhere someone will teach

- tips and tricks
- information about clockmakers
- clock societies
- helpful websites
jamesmatheson

Go anywhere someone will teach

Post by jamesmatheson » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:17 pm

I really would like to go ANYWHERE someone will teach about how clocks distribute energy. How a clock converts a spring with 14000 grams of force into 15 grams thats lasts for 8 days. I am trying to learn weight distribution. Where I live no one knows what a gear or a wind up clock is. If there is anyone who can teach please tell me. There are absolutely no gear makers in Canada. Even one gear cutter for clock projects in Canada would be a huge accomplishment. We have 35 million people in Canada and we have absolutely zero clock gear cutters who know how gears distribute weight. The people who can cut gears can only cut a gear from a pre designed model. They need a computer designed file for them to cut a gear and if you ask them how much weight each gear distributes they have no idea and that is 35 million people!!!! Please help me correct this for Canada.
I can use a pull spring scale to figure out the torque of each gear on a mantle clock but since this doesnt interest anyone in Canada I need to re locate to any region who is interested in preserving the clock industry.

MtKuile

Re: Go anywhere someone will teach

Post by MtKuile » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:50 pm

James, to help you along finding an answer to your energy distribution question, I would contact the clock tutor, Matthew Read, at West Dean College who might know the answer, put you in touch with someone who can help you further, or turn your question into a research project for a clock student. I studied clock conservation at West Dean College. The clock department there is a fountain of knowledge.

Reception: Line open from 7.30am - 8pm (UK time) +44 (0) 1243 811301
reception@westdean.org.uk

kenedy

Post by kenedy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:33 pm

you should contact the clock tutor Matthew Read.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Panharith

Post by Panharith » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:57 am

The clock department there is a fountain of knowledge.

goldenslot mobile
GCLUB